Thursday, February 14, 2008

Abducted by Aliens

Bad blogger me. It's been a busy few months. First the holidays, then spring cleaning, houseguests, and a bit of writing.

One obsession that has gripped nearly the entire household over the past month or two is Doctor Who. Those who have known me for years may have seen this coming. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I was something of a fangirl. For my midlife crisis, I'm not messing about with fast cars and the like. No, I'm only interested in a blue box.

It's weird. Being a fangirl from way back, I knew of the Doctor, but never really got into watching the show. I had friends who knitted extra long scarves, and I watched a few episodes, but I just never got hooked. I remember watching when the fourth Doctor changed into the fifth Doctor, but that was mostly because I thought Peter Davision was cute. But still, I never got hooked enough to watch regularly. I hadn't even realized that the show had gone off the air in 1989.

Fast forward to 2007. I'd seen the ads for the new show, and tried to avoid it. I guess I figured any new version of a classic tv show would just naturally suck rocks. But, one day while channel flipping, I decided to have a look. It was great - clever, witty, and the special effects absolutely rocked. My son walked into the room and he was hooked as well. We ended up spending most of winter break watching the first three series on DVD.

And you know, I had to find the knitting angle as well. I mean, c'mon, who couldn't resist a knitted Dalek.

2 Comments:

Blogger pj said...

Dalek vs Rumba! Very Cute!

3/11/2008 8:00 AM  
Blogger nb said...

Hello Nancy,

You have adorable cats. This is Nalini your old school friend. Hope all is well. please contact me @ nbehari@hotmail.com

Bye, Nalini

6/04/2008 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home